Why Should You Replace Your Old Furnace with a Best Rated High Efficiency Furnace?
Replacing your old furnace with a new best rated high efficiency furnace has many benefits. A high efficiency furnace can:
- Reduce home heating expenses
- Ensure your family stays warm and comfortable all winter long
- Decrease your carbon footprint
- Remove the headaches of constant repairs.
When Does a Furnace Need to be Replaced?
Your old furnace will give off some warning signs when it’s time to switch it out for a new one. Those signs might include:
- Increased heating bills
- Furnace needs frequent repairs
- Furnace is making strange noises
- Some rooms are hotter or colder than others
- Burner flame is yellow instead of blue.
The general lifespan of a furnace is around 15 years, so if your furnace is approaching that age, you should consider replacing it with a new unit.
Should You Repair or Replace Your Furnace?
You should replace your furnace if it is emitting any carbon monoxide, is older than 15 years or if the unit needs constant repairs. If the cost of repairs is over half the cost of replacement, then the unit will likely need more repairs again soon. In this case, replacement will save you money.
It’s wiser to repair your current furnace if:
- Repairs will cost less than half of a furnace replacement
- Only minor maintenance is needed
- You need your furnace to pass an inspection because you’re selling your home
- Your unit is relatively new and still under warranty.
Types of High Efficiency Furnaces
The energy efficiency of a furnace is measured by its annual fuel utilization efficiency or AFUE rating. The higher the rating, the more efficient the unit is. Comfort Plus ClimateCare has three great models to choose from and all have high AFUE ratings. They also have:
- High efficiency motors
- Computerized boards
- Condensate management systems
- A compact design
- Access features.
The three models are:
- Ultimate-Performance T9PC – This model has an incredible 97.5% AFUE, as well as modulating technology, ECM motor technology and CustomTrak technology.
- Deluxe TM9V furnace – This high-performance model offers all the same benefits of the TM95, but it offers even more efficiency, with a 96% AFUE. This model uses 33-38% less energy than older models.
- High Performance TM95 furnace – This state-of-the-art model offers a 95% AFUE rating, as well as a high efficiency DC motor that reduces electrical costs.
Contact us at Comfort Plus ClimateCare with any questions you may have about getting one of these best rated high efficiency furnaces into your home today.